Friday, July 23, 2010

God's Love For Me is Mind Boggling


This writing will probably seem choppy but this is how my mind is processing...but these are my thoughts; they might be a whirlwind of thoughts, but still they are what keeps me loving God more and more every day.

Today, I finished reading the newest book in a series of books I've been reading since I was eleven years old. (What an amazing ending to this book in this continuing series!) I have learned so much of God's Holy and Perfect Love through these books! I think it's amazing how God can use so many things to speak to us and teach us!

I realized today how much God is pursuing us. This is a great example of God's love for us, that He pursues us! He shows us continually how much He loves us and wants us to love Him the same, He desires that from us. But, He also loves us enough that He gives us free will to decide. What kind of love would it be if it were forced? It wouldn't be true. God loves us not because He has to, but because He wants to! This truly excites me and just knowing this brings my love for God on a deeper level. Knowing how much He truly loves me even though I sin against Him is just mind boggling.

I also feel encouraged today by this verse, "I, the Lord, made you, and I will not forget to help you. I have swept away your sins like the morning mists. I have scattered your offenses like the clouds. Oh, return to me, for I have paid the price to set you free." Isaiah 44:21b-22 NLT

So many times in life I feel like God is not helping me. I say things to Him like, "Yeah, You could help me get out of this if You really wanted to!" But really God knows what we can handle and He knows how strong and close we can become to Him through the valleys if we trust Him. He loves us so much that He sees us saddened and He doesn't like it but then He knows how strong we can become and close to Him we will become so He keeps encouraging us to stay on the path that is the straight and narrow.
God also is on a completely different timing scale. "A day to our Father is like a thousand years and a thousand years a day" I might feel as though this is taking "forever" to get through a hard time but really it's just a passing moment in the grand adventure of eternity.
God loves us so much that He paid the highest price for us. Therefore, He deserves all of our worship and all of our praise and all of our lives.

May the Glory be to God Forever and Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment