Sunday, October 16, 2011

Crocheting 101

Today I sat outside with Gram (The Hubs Grandma) and she was knitting so I grabbed my plastic storage bin out of the basement and rummaged through the yarn I have. I found a pretty tan/brown color and also a light cream/white color. I decided (since I like things done quick) to use a jumbo crochet hook and double the yarn to have a nice caramel frappuccino look. Which, in my opinion, is a great blend :)
If you already know how to crochet this is super easy and if you are wanting to learn how to crochet this is the perfect beginner project.


You can see how to do a double crochet stitch here

You can learn how to make a round pot holder here



I think crocheting & knitting is perfect for fall & winter months. It's something fun to do and since we bake & cook a lot more hot meals during the colder months, you can never have too many pot holders! 
(I have also made several blankets which I absolutely LOVE to curl up on the couch with when it's chilly!)


Much Love,
Laura


p.s. I hope you make some pot holders...I'd love to see them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment