Saturday, October 22, 2011

Make Your Own Spa Scrub!

When I think of relaxation I think of spas. Maybe because I've worked at a day spa for 2 1/2 years or maybe it's because I've always loved the scent of lavender. Whatever it is I just love using scrubs, getting my nails done & facials! A lot of us are on a tight budget these days which makes us try to do as much of our "spa-ing" at home with cheap products. I want to share two scrubs that are easy to make, gentle on your wallet & leaves your skin soft without using harsh chemicals! 

Sugar Love Scrub

1/4 C Sugar
1 T Olive Oil
Several drops of your favorite essential oil 
(Your grocery store usually has essential oils in their organic body/health aisle)

Salt Love Scrub
1/4 C Salt (I prefer Sea Salt)
1 T Olive Oil
Several drops of your favorite essential oil

I can't get enough lavender or eucalyptus. These are my two favorite oils. Lavender is calming and great for relaxing especially before you go to sleep or you feel stressed. Eucalyptus is a great morning scrub to awaken, energize & clear your head!

***Be careful when using this scrub in the shower. The oil causes your tub to become slippery! I prefer to use the scrub while taking a bath or just being really careful when using it in the shower.***

Holiday Love Scrub: Make the scrub using Peppermint Oil. Put the scrub in a little snowman dish with a small spoon by your sink in your guest bathroom. Your guests will get to use a holiday scrub while at your house! (If you have little one's make sure it's out of reach!) Take it an extra step: Use a log and hollow it out like a bowl then tie holiday ribbon around the bowl. Cut out a spoon shape from a log. Now you have a completely unique set up for your guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment