Thursday, September 27, 2012

Am I Going the Wrong Way???

        Today I took care of two boys ages four and two. The four year old enjoys playing some racing games so I broke out the N64 and played some Diddy Kong Racing with him. He kept getting turned around and would continually ask me in a worried voice, "Am I going the wrong way???" and I would tell him if he was or not. Other times he would get his car stuck in the water and I would offer to take the controller and get him out of the water and back on the race  track. As I was doing this over and over again, I thought to myself, this must be one way God helps me. My Father in Heaven continually answers my panic questions of "Am I going the right way???" 
        I'm currently studying about David, the man after God's own heart and I'm learning that David asked God first what he should do or where he should go before making any decisions. Today, this little boy reminded me that whenever I'm making a decision I should always ask God first if it's His will and if I haven't, I need to re-focus, take a look at my life and ask Him, "Am I going the wrong way???"
        When we are in times of need or stuck in the "water" and the more and more we try, we keep feeling like we are drowning. God comes in, takes the controller (if we let Him) and guides us out of the drowning waters.
        That's what I wanted to share with you today. I hope you enjoyed reading this short blog post :)




No comments:

Post a Comment